In 2004, a strategic planning group begin exploring the concept of a regional LGBTQ+ community center, bringing key stakeholders together and gathering input from community members under the guidance of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC).
In 2006, based on the information gathered from the community needs assessment, the LGBT Community Center Coalition of Central PA was formed, a Board of Directors identified, and a mission statement adopted - all supported by TFEC.
In 2009, the LGBT Center merged with Common Roads, an LGBTQ+ youth-serving organization that had been in existence since 1993, bringing the missions, programs, and operations of the two organizations together as one 501(c)(3) organization.
In 2012, the LGBT Center moved to its current physical location at 1306 N 3rd Street in Midtown Harrisburg. After previously using space at other organizations, this was the Center’s opportunity to have our first space of our own.
Today, the LGBT Center serves over 2,000 people each year across Dauphin, Cumberland, York, and Lancaster counties, and seeks to be responsive to the changing needs of our communities in our programming and our strategic priorities.